Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) Optical Network Terminal (ONT)
- With the ARGUS® GPON ONT, the ARGUS® can be expanded into a full-fledged GPON tester via the integrated SFP slot.
- The point-to-multipoint topology of a Gigabit PON (Gigabit Passive Optical Network) according to ITU-T G.984 can be tested just as easily, safely and quickly as with xDSL and G.fast
- Battery-powered and optimally protected through integration via SFP - making it ideally equipped for use in the field
- Configuration of the ARGUS® GPON ONT is quick and easy. Serial number and password can be entered directly into the ARGUS® and transferred to the ONT (Optical Network Terminal). This makes it extremely quick to deploy and can replace any customer ONT on site
- The MAC address can be changed via the ARGUS® for test purposes, making configuration errors a thing of the past
- The separate GPON trace detects authentication problems such as a wrong password or a failed connection attempt
- Allows complete protocol setup (PPP), and also provides important connection information such as the PON ID and ONU ID
- With an existing IP connection, the ARGUS® can be used to test all important services (including performance, speed and triple play tests), either via IPv4 or IPv6. Even management services can be used, the ARGUS supplies itself with current firmware or a suitable configuration via the GPON interface and saves test results in the cloud
- Supports the Digital Diagnostic Mode (DDM) according to SFF-8472 and displays level information for each measurement. The Rx and Tx levels indicate the optical power budget or significant irregularities in the fibre optic cabling, such as fibre breaks, bad splices or poorly patched connections.
|IN-000251||Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) Optical Network Terminal (ONT)|